Plan Overview & Eligibility
Kaiser Permanente, a TRICARE Prime Option
We’re excited to provide another health care option for TRICARE beneficiaries in metro Atlanta. With this new option, you’ll enjoy the same benefits and low costs of TRICARE Prime (including prescription coverage), plus have access to the medical expertise, coordinated care, and convenience of Kaiser Permanente. Care is provided by our network of over 800 top-notch providers and all our available doctors welcome our TRICARE Prime option members so you don’t have to worry whether or not they accept TRICARE. We also have 25 convenient medical offices – most with lab and pharmacy – along with many urgent care centers and hospitals.
Switching Plans is Simple
If eligible, you can enroll in the Kaiser Permanente TRICARE Prime option during TRICARE Open Season or up to 90 days after a Qualifying Life Event (QLE). The annual TRICARE Prime enrollment fee that retirees pay will be waived for the first year. From enrolling to getting started, we help make it simple to switch.
Learn more about how Kaiser Permanente makes getting great care convenient and simple.
Learn about enrolling.
Who is Eligible
If you are eligible for TRICARE Prime and:
- live in the metro Atlanta area (check ZIP Code below),
- are under the age of 65, and not entitled to Medicare Part A and B,
- do not have other health insurance,
- are not enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS), TRICARE Retired Reserve (TRR), TRICARE Young Adult (TYA), or Continued Health Care Benefit Program (CHCBP),
- are not receiving services for an autism diagnosis, AND
- are a retiree, family member of a retiree, or an active duty family member,
you may be eligible to enroll in this option.
Note: Active duty service members and TRICARE Young Adult Prime beneficiaries are not eligible for Kaiser Permanente, a TRICARE Prime Option.
To verify eligibility, call Humana Military at 1-877-414-9950.
Check if your ZIP Code is in the metro Atlanta covered service area.
Costs and Coverage
Your costs and coverage are the same as TRICARE Prime.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- No-cost phone and video appointments, e-visits, and emailing your doctor
- A Wellness Rewards program
- Discounts on acupuncture, chiropractic, and message therapy
- No-cost telephone health coaching
- Free online health programs and tools
- Free or low-cost, in-person health classes
- Special rates on gym memberships and discounts on health and fitness products
- A free app to schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, view your medical record, and more.
Active-duty family members pay no enrollment fees or out-of-pocket costs for any type of care received through the Kaiser Permanente provider network.
For details on TRICARE Prime benefits, and costs, including copayments and enrollment fees, visit tricare.mil/costs/compare. external link.
Pharmacies and Medications
Prescription coverage is included in your plan and you can get prescriptions filled at any of our 24 Kaiser Permanente pharmacies. You can also get a 90-day supply refilled at a reduced copay through mail order, and have them delivered right to your home with no cost for shipping.
To review what drugs are covered, view our formulary. external link, which you can search by pressing “Ctrl” or “CMD” and “F” on your keyboard at the same time in the searchable PDF. For questions about specific drug costs, call us at 1-877-904-0015.
Learn how we can help you transition your current prescriptions to Kaiser Permanente.