Kaiser Permanente in the Community
Kaiser Permanente was founded over 70 years ago with a mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We fulfill that mission by providing coordinated care from our own medical group, and by supporting community health through our non-profit health plan.
In 2019, Kaiser Permanente expanded our health care services to the military community in Atlanta, GA. We are committed to providing high quality, convenient health care to eligible TRICARE Prime beneficiaries – we are honored to serve those who serve our country.
As the nation’s largest nonprofit health plan, Kaiser Permanente proudly invests in the total health of our communities through programs such as:
- Support for specific populations such as military veterans
- Health care for the uninsured and underinsured
- Hospitals, health department, and community health center grants
- Nursing, pharmacy, and medical school scholarships
- Educational programs for healthy living
- Support for specific health issues such as mental health
Supporting the Military Community
As part of our commitment to serve the military and their families, Kaiser Permanente collaborates with military service organizations that advocate for health needs. Our goal is to identify—and help support—the unmet and underserved health needs of the local military community.
Click on the logos below to learn more about our partners and their upcoming events.
Military Strong Partners Conference
Kaiser Permanente is committed to hiring military veterans, because we recognize that our U.S. military members are uniquely qualified to enhance our team. In fact, we’ve again been chosen as a Top 10 Military Friendly® Employer.* Learn more about one of the nation’s top-rated workplaces for veterans. external link. You can also hear why our veteran employees and doctors choose to work for us.
Promoting Good Health
As part of the military community, you know the value of resilience. To help keep you strong in body and mind we’ve created an exclusive Health and Wellness Guide just for you. In it you’ll find a wide variety of free resources to access at any time, including:
- Health information and simple tips for a wide variety of topics like mental wellness, stress management, nutrition, exercise, managing health conditions, and more.
- Virtual workouts and classes you can join with friends, family, and others in the Atlanta military community.
- Guided meditation podcasts to help with relaxation, anxiety, anger, better sleep, weight loss, quitting smoking, and more.
*The Military Friendly® Company survey investigates and identifies the organizations whose commitment to serving the military and veteran community is comprehensive in scope and meaningful in terms of actual outcomes and impact. From hiring and career advancement to customer service and charitable investment, 2020 Military Friendly® Companies lead the way.
© 2019 VIQTORY | Military Friendly® is owned and operated by VIQTORY, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business. | VIQTORY, Military Friendly®, trademarks and logos are not affiliated with nor the property of the Department of Defense or any other federal agency.