Kaiser Permanente in the Community
Kaiser Permanente was founded over 70 years ago with a mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We fulfill that mission by providing coordinated care from our own medical group, and by supporting community health through our non-profit health plan.
In 2019, Kaiser Permanente expanded our health care services to the military community in Atlanta, GA. We are committed to providing high quality, convenient health care to eligible TRICARE Prime beneficiaries – we are honored to serve those who serve our country.
As the nation’s largest nonprofit health plan, Kaiser Permanente proudly invests in the total health of our communities through programs such as:
- Support for specific populations such as military veterans
- Health care for the uninsured and underinsured
- Hospitals, health department, and community health center grants
- Nursing, pharmacy, and medical school scholarships
- Educational programs for healthy living
- Support for specific health issues such as mental health
Supporting the Military Community
As part of our commitment to serve the military and their families, Kaiser Permanente has begun a collaboration with The Military Coalition and its 33 military service organizations that advocate for health needs. Our goal is to identify—and help support—the unmet and underserved health needs of the local military community.
Examples of Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to contribute to the health and wellbeing of the military community already include:
- Veteran Empowerment Organization (VEO) – Kaiser Permanente’s Vice President of Consumer Experience is a member of the board of directors. The program’s goal is to provide mental health assessments to over 300 veterans and more intense counseling for 150 of those veterans. VEO was founded in 2008 to address the lack of services available to homeless veteran in Atlanta. VEO uses an evidence-based approach to empowering veterans along their journey to restoration.
- Additionally, Kaiser Permanente supports community based mental health providers throughout metro Atlanta in the diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health issues. Partners have included, the Atlanta Women’s Foundation. CHRIS 180, Odyssey Family Counseling and many others.
Kaiser Permanente is committed to hiring military veterans, because we recognize that our U.S. military members are uniquely qualified to enhance our team. In fact, we’ve again been chosen as a Top 10 Military Friendly® Employer.* Learn more about one of the nation’s top-rated workplaces for veterans. external link. You can also hear why our veteran employees and doctors choose to work for us.
*The Military Friendly® Company survey investigates and identifies the organizations whose commitment to serving the military and veteran community is comprehensive in scope and meaningful in terms of actual outcomes and impact. From hiring and career advancement to customer service and charitable investment, 2020 Military Friendly® Companies lead the way.
© 2019 VIQTORY | Military Friendly® is owned and operated by VIQTORY, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business. | VIQTORY, Military Friendly®, trademarks and logos are not affiliated with nor the property of the Department of Defense or any other federal agency.